What is FADQ?
First Aid Daily Question (‘FADQ’) is a free and simple way to help you to keep your First Aid knowledge fresh. Because #LifeHappens.
• Each morning, we’ll send you a multiple choice question.
• It’ll take you about 15 seconds to read,select an answer and discover if you’ve chosen the right one.
• We’ll provide you with the correct answer and an explanation so even if you’ve chosen the wrong one... learning
Why do I need FADQ?
In the event of injury or sudden illness, having the confidence to provide effective First Aid could save a life.
The Red Cross UK reports that “hundreds of thousands of people learn First Aid each year, yet only one in ten feels both skilled and confident enough to step forward and help a casualty .” Similarly in a recent St John Ambulance survey, 59% of respondents stated that they “wouldn’t feel confident trying to save a life .”
Who is FADQ for?
We’re trying to reach everyone who could make a difference. Are you one of the following?
• A qualified First Aider who’d like to remember more from your course than you do?
• A parent or someone who works with children who wants to know more?
• An employer? The HSE can prosecute you if you don’t have anyone who is able to supply immediate attention if an employee is injured or taken ill.
• Someone who just wants to feel able to help?
How does FADQ work?
Simply sign up and we’ll send you a multiple-choice question everyday to keep your First Aid knowledge fresh. All questions come with a full explanation and citations (usually St John Ambulance and Red Cross UK) so that if you want, you can delve deeper.
First Aid for Parents (& Teachers)
If you look after children, this will become an essential daily habit to help you keep your First Aid knowledge fresh. These questions come out on Mondays and Wednesdays.
First Aid for Work
If you are a First Aider in a work environment, whether in an office, on a building site or anywhere, you'll love receiving these emails so that you can feel confident about looking after your friends and colleagues. These questions come out on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
First Aid for Adventure Sports.
Covering sports such as climbing, kayaking, skydiving, etc, this will help you relax while you're out enjoying life to the full, often in regions that are sparsely served by professional First Aid services. These questions come out on Fridays.
So what are you waiting for? #LifeHappens. Keep your First Aid knowledge fresh. Sign up and spread the word.
Why not download and share this handy explanation with your friends?